Sunday, August 29, 2010

Trip to the High Museum of Art: The Dali Exhibit

My trip to the High Museum of Art yesterday was a wonderful experience. I saw many things that fascinated me, including some of the paintings from the new Salvador Dali exhibit. I found Dali's paintings to be quite interesting to look at. What I really liked about them was that in each painting, there were many things going on, and he also paints things the way he wants to see them, not others For example in his painting Christ of saint John of the Cross, Dali did not show neither the crown of thorns on his head nor his arms nailed onto the cross. Instead, Jesus is seen hovering on the cross, not attached to anything. I really liked what he did with this, because it was different than any picture I have seen of Jesus on the Cross before. The picture is also on angle, as if you are on looking on Jesus from above like you are actually God, which I thought was different and was something I liked.

Although I found Dali to be somewhat bizarre, I really did enjoy looking at his paintings and trying to understand them.


No comments:

Post a Comment