Sunday, October 10, 2010

How Perspective can Change an Art Piece

Today, I went to Atlantic Station and saw this statue over near Target. I took these two pictures of it to see how seeing an art piece from a different angle can change it.




From the first picture I took, the audience is in front of the sculpture, about 7-10 feet away. You see it from a flat view, the way most people see it. The second one however, you get a view of this artwork from up close and below the sculpture, which is an angle that most people do not see this sculpture from. I prefer the close up angle, because to me it looks much nicer. I like how the sky is in the background, which gives it a better look in my opinion.
Overall, just messing around with my cell phone camera in Atlantic station for a few minutes really showed me how the same object shown at different angles can change a piece of art. 

No comments:

Post a Comment