Monday, November 8, 2010

Food as Art

Everyone envisions art as something we can feel, listen to, or touch, but how about something we taste? Could food be considered an art? If you think about it, food is a creation that was meant for some sort of audience to enjoy, which is what art is. Therefore, I consider food to be a type of art. To me, something that tastes delicious has a beauty to it similar to the beauty of a statue or painting. When I take a bite of something that I really love, I stop whatever I'm thinking about and simply think about the taste, which is similar to how people look at a piece of artwork that they admire.

Artists could not only be people like Dali or Mozart, but also people like Wolfgang Puck or Emerald because they create something that people love and want more of, which to me is art.

No comments:

Post a Comment