Tuesday, November 30, 2010

How My View of Art has Changed

Over this course, I have really undertaken an appreciation of art. Before I first went to the High Museum for the first time, I never thought about art that much. Like most people, I would walk by something, perhaps look at it for a few seconds, then continue on my way. Many times I failed to even notice the art present around me.

After making the trips to the High Museum, writing the visual analysis of the painting, and constructing the Visual Essay, I look at art a completely different way. Whenever I see some sort of creation around me, I now take time to admire and think about it. I consider how the artist created it, how much time it took, etc. Overall, I believe the work that I have done in this course has really changed my perspective on art, and has also made me a better student of art as well.

1 comment:

  1. My view of art has changed a lot as a result of this course as well. I think especially the analysis of a painting really made me look at art differently. Sure when you don't give looking at a painting much effort you won't get much out of it. Art is something that the more effort you put in, the more rewarding it will be. Taking the time to analyze a painting, while it may seem boring, is actually much better than just giving the painting a quick glance. I think I do much more than give a quick glance now after this course.

    ReplyDelete